Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hook'em Junior!

Argh!  So I dared to try to go out on Thursday to see our old friend from Memphis, and yes, had a few glasses of wine.  It had been over three weeks since I indulged, and we did have something to celebrate.  It had been years since we have seen Vince, (and he aint' changed!) and we had a lot to catch up on.  Plus, he may move down here to LA and we have got to give him some helpful hints, etc.  Right now, with Junior being a spaz on a regular basis, it's safer to do it at such establishments like the Bodega Bar.  However, thinking back, it may not have been such a good idea!  I am still feeling a bit under the weather and was so desperate, that on Saturday morning I made my way to see Dr. Greenspun at Santa Monica Bay Physicians Urgent Care. Dr Greenspun was nice enough, seemed irritated that I was there and so sick.  I guess he probably had more sickly patients to see. Geez!  "But, whatever dude.  I am paying for YOUR services." I am about to head out of town to Coronado Island in San Diego until this Thursday, and needed to get advice on what to do, what to eat, what was wrong!  Nothing has changed.  There are pros and cons to this whole situation.  The Dr.  did say that I could still go to my meeting, and that I was not contagious.  He also gave me Zpak of steroids so I could "feel better."  I officially begin taking them this morning!  But it's the same steroid that is all infected with fungus and of which is giving patients in the South meningitis and killing them!   

As a matter of fact, I think I have an even amount of additional good and bad news here.   Good news is that I am not contagious.  Bad news is that I still have to deal with this gank that is in my throat.  Not sure it is going to go over well when I try to speak, it sounds horrendous...especially since I have lost my voice!   So the other good news is that I am going to get out of any impromptu presentations that I might be assigned.  And the other bad news is that I am going to be away from Zack and Junior for four days.  Bah!

Also, I am so distracted by the excitement of going home soon!  I am very much looking forward to spending some time with my friends, family, and especially seeing nephew while in Texas this fall. I am trying to come up with some great arts and crafts projects to work on with him while I am home.  I just saw a great how-to video on how to make some cute glycerin soaps with little critters inside. (Another cute idea for Xmas?)  I think this four days out of SM will allow me to think about all the plans I still very much need to make with friends and family! Junior is coming with, and it will be his first plane trip.  I can't wait to introduce him to everyone.  I hope he doesn't grow much more, he won't be able to fit in his carry on!  Poor thing, we started calling him Fatty McGee, and he actually responds.

In the meantime, we are super bummed in the Martin Household because the Horns lost to the Mountaineers last nite.  48 - 45.  Enough said.  (Did I mention that we are also calling Junior "Mack Brown?")

We still gots our school spirits though and will continue to bleed orange until we die!

Have a great Funday Sunday everyone!




No comments :

Post a Comment