Monday, March 18, 2013

Allergic to Work

So a few weeks back I was super proud of myself for finally giving in, and getting HARD eye contact lenses. If you are not acquainted with these things, just believe me when I say " they are a pain in my eye!" Although I take them out every. single. night. my eyes seem super uber sensitive and during the day one eye will get irritated, red, and start tearing. In fact, for the last two weeks I have been suffering from the craziest pain in only one if my two eyes, which on the first day, forced me to Urgnt Care to see good ole Dr. Hubbard. The thing is that the pain comes on strong in the afternoon, and then, subsides once I am at home. At first I thought it was a scratch on my cornea. Then, I thought it was that I did not rinse out the disinfectant from the contact. Now, I am calling it "allergic to work."

The good news is that tomorrow (drs office closed early today) I am not only going to go and pick up my spare set if eye contacts (which have cost me some pretty pennies), but also my new set of eye glasses all the way from Switzerland. I am very excited to be looking all smart and cool, especially since I have a new haircut and one can actually see my beautiful face (hear the sarcasm please!?). Even through these glasses!

In the meantime, I continue to have afternoon sneeze attacks and congestion while at the office! I just don't get it and it is getting embarrassing! I sit in meetings and I am totally uncomfortable. I sneeze and i feel like my head is about to blow. It sucks ass! I can't wait to get this extra set of eyes so I can let my eyeballs rest into evening! All who have no eye problems are so lucky! It just sucks to have a cornea degenerative disease and not be eligible for any surgery. I have to spend a lot of money on my eyes every year. I have gotten to know Nurse Nelly and Dr. Silver pretty well, and they're great.

In the meantime, I'm just going with this - it's a sign! I am allergic to work and I deserve to go to the beach!




No comments :

Post a Comment